Comic Book Dresser

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

I wanted to show you guys

the dresser I did for my boys' room. It was a fairly simple project that stands out. It took me a little while I get the hang of using Mod Podge. I said I was going to do a smaller project at first and ended up just going for it.


For this project I used Americana Décor chalk paint and wax.
Mod Podge in gloss. You could also use a matte Mod Podge and it would look very cool.
I got the knobs at Hobby Lobby. Aren't they awesome? I basically got all of the decorations at Hobby Lobby.
Optional Mod Podge spray acrylic paint in clear. I sprayed the pages front and back and let them dry before using the Mod Podge.
Comic Books, I got mine on clearance at the local comic book store.

I have noticed a lot of people have hints and tips for decoupage. The best advice I can give is to paint your Mod Podge in a medium thickness and fan it for a couple of seconds before adding your paper down. It seems that I had less bubbles doing it this way. I also like to use my hands to flatten it out while it's drying so that you can get the bubbles out. Then once you have finished wait a few hours before adding your last coats of Mod Podge over the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS