Yoda ears

Wednesday, January 20, 2016


So I get asked a lot about my yoda ear pattern on etsy. Instead of trying to sell it I thought I would go ahead and give it out for free. I usually only write patterns in a way that I can understand so if there is anything that doesn't make sense go ahead and comment and I'll try to clarify.

I think the ears work best with Lily's Sugar n Cream yarn. I've tried other yarns and they just don't have the same effect. Hobby Lobby's I Love This Cotton is extremely soft but it also droops more than Lily's Sugar n Cream. In this picture I used I Love This Cotton and while it's very cute the ears seem to also come out smaller.


Yarn: Lily's Sugar and Cream in color Sage
Hook: F

Round 1: Start with a magic circle and sc 4. (4)
Round 2: "2 sc in first 1 sc in next" around. (6)
Round 3: "2 sc in first 1 sc in next" around. (9)
Round 4: 1 sc in each. (9)
Round 5: "2 sc in first 1 sc in next" around. (14)
Round 6-10: sc in each. (14)
Round 11: "2 sc in first 1 sc in next" around (21)
Round 12:  "2 sc in first sc in next 2" around. (28)
Round 13-16: sc in each.
Round 17: "2 sc in first sc in next 2" around. (38)
Round 18: "sc2tog sc in next 2" around. (28)
Round 19: sc in each. (28)
Round 20: :sc2tog sc in next 2" around. (21)
Round 21: sc in each. (21)

Leave a long tail and cut. When sewing on I usually like to line up the bottom of ears at the top where the earflaps are and sew on from there, Later I will try to post pictures of how I sew them on. I don't close them up and sew them on I try to leave them as open as possible they seem to stay up best that way.


My little model!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS