Crochet Doily Coaster

Friday, February 12, 2016

 
Free pattern for a quick and easy crochet coaster.







This has been a exciting week so far for me. I got my 3 year old son Zayden enrolled in daycare. I think he is going to love it. Another exciting step for him is that he is FINALLY potty trained. I swear all it took was me being consistent, but its so hard when I'm always busy and working. My husband potty trained the first two, I didn't even potty train the dogs my best friend/ babysitter did. Ha. I also enrolled in barber school. I paid it off completely so I don't have to worry about a thing.
I am so excited, soon I will be dual licensed. I already work in a barber shop, but I want to step it up a bit so I can move on. Okay so back to why you're actually here, crochet patterns! With Valentines Day around the corner I made a few coasters for the kids teachers. I thought I would share the pattern with you guys. These work up super quickly and they're very pretty. I like the fact that you can change the color throughout to make it look completely different.

For this pattern I used Hobby Lobby's I Love This Cotton and an H hook.

Round 1: Magic Circle, ch3, 19dc in circle, join to ch3 (20)
Round 2: ch2, dc in same stich, ch3, (sk 1, dc2tog, ch3, sk1) repeat* join to 1st dc
Round 3: slip stitch over to space, ch3, dc2tog, ch5, dc3tog in same space, (working in spaces, dc3tog, ch5, dc3tog) repeat around join to first dc2tog
Round 4: do not chain or slip stitch just go ahead and start ur first dcs in the space *(3dc, ch3, 3dc in spaces) (1sc in between previous dc3tog)* *repeat around* join to where you started instead of doing a sc there, I just joined there. I like to do an invisible join so that you do not see the knots
Fasten off and weave in ends.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS