Yoda ears

Wednesday, January 20, 2016


So I get asked a lot about my yoda ear pattern on etsy. Instead of trying to sell it I thought I would go ahead and give it out for free. I usually only write patterns in a way that I can understand so if there is anything that doesn't make sense go ahead and comment and I'll try to clarify.

I think the ears work best with Lily's Sugar n Cream yarn. I've tried other yarns and they just don't have the same effect. Hobby Lobby's I Love This Cotton is extremely soft but it also droops more than Lily's Sugar n Cream. In this picture I used I Love This Cotton and while it's very cute the ears seem to also come out smaller.


Yarn: Lily's Sugar and Cream in color Sage
Hook: F

Round 1: Start with a magic circle and sc 4. (4)
Round 2: "2 sc in first 1 sc in next" around. (6)
Round 3: "2 sc in first 1 sc in next" around. (9)
Round 4: 1 sc in each. (9)
Round 5: "2 sc in first 1 sc in next" around. (14)
Round 6-10: sc in each. (14)
Round 11: "2 sc in first 1 sc in next" around (21)
Round 12:  "2 sc in first sc in next 2" around. (28)
Round 13-16: sc in each.
Round 17: "2 sc in first sc in next 2" around. (38)
Round 18: "sc2tog sc in next 2" around. (28)
Round 19: sc in each. (28)
Round 20: :sc2tog sc in next 2" around. (21)
Round 21: sc in each. (21)

Leave a long tail and cut. When sewing on I usually like to line up the bottom of ears at the top where the earflaps are and sew on from there, Later I will try to post pictures of how I sew them on. I don't close them up and sew them on I try to leave them as open as possible they seem to stay up best that way.


My little model!

10 comments:

  1. What pattern did you use for the hat in the picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm confused by your pattern. Can you clarify? - see comments in pattern

    Round 1: Start with a magic circle and sc 4. (4)
    Round 2: "2 sc in first 1 sc in next" around. (6) - shouldn't I have 5 not 6?
    Round 3: "2 sc in first 1 sc in next" around. (9) - if I do have six then shouldn't this be 7?
    Round 4: 1 sc in each. (9)
    Round 5: "2 sc in first 1 sc in next" around. (14)
    Round 6-10: sc in each. (14)
    Round 11: "2 sc in first 1 sc in next" around (21) - this is "2 sc in the first, sc in each stitch all the way around? doesn't equal 21
    Round 12: "2 sc in first sc in next 2" around. (28) - is this an increase in the first sc and also in each stitch around? or a repeat: [increase, 2sc, 2sc]?
    Round 13-16: sc in each.
    Round 17: "2 sc in first sc in next 2" around. (38)
    Round 18: "sc2tog sc in next 2" around. (28)
    Round 19: sc in each. (28)
    Round 20: :sc2tog sc in next 2" around. (21)
    Round 21: sc in each. (21)

    I really want to make your ears because they are so cute, but I don't understand your pattern. I have been crocheting for decades.
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodie, where you see instructions in "" it means they are to be repeated. Eg:round 5 would be 2sc, 1sc, 2sc, 1sc. Making 6 stitches in all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. What does sc2tog mean? I'm still fairly new to crocheting but this acronym is one I have not yet seen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sc2tog means single crochet 2 together... in other words you are decreasing a stitch

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. Did you join at the end of each row or just continue in the round?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is there a pattern for the hat as well? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is there a pattern for the blanket you have pictured?

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS